The LDS General Conference has just ended. There was a lot of excitement about this session due to the calling of a new apostle and also how they would fill a position in the First Presidency. Elder Henry B. Eyring is the new second counselor in the first presidency, and Elder Cook was called to be a member of the quorum of the 12. I was able to attend the first session of the conference.
Myself and 5 other friends were able to take a quick trip to San Francisco this week to attend the Online Market World summit. I heard about it last week and got in touch with the admin there. I was trying to work a deal on a pass for me so I could get the $800.00 convention pass at a discount. I was playing the “Student Card” and another opportunity arose. I was contacted by a woman representing the show, and she mentioned that she needed a few volunteers to help run their online chat session for the different sessions that would be going on. In short, I gathered 5 of my sharpest friends and got them to come along with me. They would get in for free, and also get paid $100.00 a day for helping out. We headed out Tuesday night at 8 and arrived at 6AM the next morning. SLC to San Francisco, we made great time…. I got the discount rate by staying at the 4 Star, Parc 55 hotel in style, 6 to the room, it was hilarious. We had a great time there in San Fran.(eating out with the Infopia guys in China Town…Thanks Infopia!, Buying t-shirts for 1.88 each, and just having a good time. Oh yeah, one bad experience, the Jollibee restaurant across the street from the moscone convention center, it didn’t taste too great and Paul’s fries food 10 minutes to get to him. Oh yeah, we then had another all nighter coming back that Friday night.
No comments:
Post a Comment